Thursday, January 29, 2009

My photoshop experience.... =/

It took me some time to come up with an idea for my picture.... I had so many things I would like to do...and maybe, with time I will get them all done....


I finally decided to make something with my parents... I haven't spent Christmas with my family for the past 3 years..So I decided to put my parents and myself together in front of the X-mas tree my "host family" had last year.


Next summer I am coming back home, and next Christmas Eve can be pretty much like this picture... =)

*The original pictures used: The Targowski's tree/ my father and I/ my mom, my grandma and I/ my father, my cousin and I....


3 comments:

  1. I like how you showed the original photos here.

    Do you have any ideas for how you might use this type of activity in a classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Elizabeth.

    The students can manipulate images in many ways...They can do it just for fun with their peers, using pictures of themselves during trips and activities...as well make connections with content areas of studying.
    They could manipulate a picture of them next to President Obama during the Inaugarition day, when studyibng about their presidents. They could be "swimming" inside of a cell when studying biology, and they could be even next to the Eiffel Tower when studying geography.
    Why not be next to Sam when reading "Green eggs and ham", by Dr.Seuss?
    There are many ways of using it in class. And the more you allow the students to be creative and have fun, the more ideas the class will brainstorm and the more positive results we can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we think of the larger educational context of what is going on when we ask students to "place" themselves inside a scene using Photoshop, it can be for example a powerful writing prompt, or increase historical empathy.

    ReplyDelete